I am in charge of the recycling initiative at eImagine Technology Group. This consists of promoting recycling efforts, keeping my coworkers informed of what can and can not be recycled, and delivering bags of recycling the recycling center.
Since eImagine provides soft drinks for their employees, the recycling bin fills up quickly with aluminum cans and other recyclables. I can’t even imagine throwing all these cans away! Although recycling can be intimidating at first, it can be rewarding knowing that you did your part. We all have to do our part to preserve the environment.
If you want to help start a recycling effort at your company, here are a few tips to consider:
- Create a recycling planto present to upper management. As long as you have a plan in place for what you want to do…who could say no to recycling?
- Request the purchase of a recycling bin and trash bags. It is important that the recycling bin has the recycling symbol on it so that employees know that it is for recyclable items and not trash.
- Locate the nearest recycling center and research what type of items they will accept. Chances are there may be a recycling center in your office complex.
- Keep your coworkers informedof your recycling efforts and what items they can and cannot recycle. The last thing you want is to be sorting through the recycling bin to discard trash or other items that your recycling center will not accept.
- Make regular trips to the recycling center. Don’t let the recycling pile too high till it becomes overwhelming!
- Ask for help and get coworkers involved. Taking turns delivering the recycling to recycling center helps share the workload and makes recycling easier for all.